Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday Slinks--#scio12 edition

Phew. It's been a whirlwind of a week. Last week I attended the conference ScienceOnline2012, and I'm still sorting through contacts I've made and mulling over posts that I want to write.

Suffice it to say (or not) it was an amazing, life-changing experience, which I promise to write more about soon.

Until then, here are some of my favorite links that have come up from the conference.

Mapping of tweets from #scio12. A visualization of the most prolific tweeters and all of their connections. You should follow all of these people for smart, science related commentary. (Knowtex)

ScienceScribe. This is the session I most regret not attending, but was really excited to see the results from. Harnessing doodles as note-taking? You can bet I'll be bringing markers to lab meeting from now on. (Alpha Chimp Studio)

I sketched #scio12. More in sketch-news, from the wonderful KatiePhD, who I regretfully only met at the end of the conference, but do yourself a favor and check out her blog. (KatiePhD)

ScienceOnline2012: A touching moment. A great read from Emily Willingham about the power that this un-conference has. (the biology files)

More to come later on this conference. For now, off to biostats class, where my attempts to sketch were severely hindered by the fact that we are doing programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment